This Pasta With Roasted Squash and Brown Butter Sauce tastes so good. The nuttiness of brown butter is the highlight of this pasta. It goes well with subtle sweetness of roasted squash.
Serves: 3 to 4. Prep Time: 30 minutes. Cooking Time: 45 minutes.
- 1 tb olive oil
- 500g squash, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- salt and ground pepper
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tb coarsely ground hazelnuts or walnuts
- 2tb heavy cream
- 4 sage or basil leaves, chopped into thin strips
- 150g Fettuccine or angel hair pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 tb dried cranberries
- grated Parmesan cheese, to serve.
- In a heatproof dish, drizzle olive oil over squash. Season it with salt and pepper and mix well. Roast until tender in a turbo broiler, set 175 Celsius for 40 minutes; stir halfway through cooking. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter, add nuts and continue cooking until golden brown. Add the heavy cream, sage, and cook for a few seconds. Add the roasted squash and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss in pasta and transfer to a serving dish. Top with dried cranberries and grated Parmesan cheese.