Increase your intake of this local superfood through this uber delicious, easy to prepare malunggay pesto. It’s good for gift-giving, too!
This dish serves 3 to 4. Prep Time is 10 minutes. Noodles to match angel hair, fettuccine, linguine, spaghetti.
- 1/2 cup Malunggay leaves, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, wash and dried
- 2 tb grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tb chopped raosted cashew nuts or toasted pine nutes
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- malunggay leaves for garnish (optional)
In a blender or a food processor, combine all ingredients and process until smooth. Season it with salt and pepper. Garnish with malunggay leaves, if desired.